Interested in assisting our teaching staff with Developing World Changers? We’re looking for creative, compassionate, and enthusiastic assistant teachers to work with our Toddlers, Threes, and Pre-K classrooms. Applicants must have experience in Early Childhood Development and be committed to the social, spiritual, and educational growth of our students. Hours will vary but will typically fall within the 8:00am to 2:30pm school day.
Assistant teachers will be hired based on experience and level of education.
- 40 Hours of DCF Classwork Completed or CDA
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- Flexible Availability
Four-Year-Old Class Teachers must have:
- Five (or more) hour Early Literacy training certificate. If Literacy training was completed after October 1, 2005, it must be the Florida Standards for Four-Year-Olds as well as VPK Emergent Literacy.
Four-Year-Old Class Teachers must have one of the following credentials:
- Child Development Associate (CDA) or Florida Child Care Professional Certificate (FCCPC) earned within the last five years; or
- An Associate Degree or higher in Child Development; or
- An Associate Degree or higher in an unrelated field, with at least 6 credit hours in Early Childhood Education or Child Development, and at least 480 hours of experience in teaching or providing childcare services for children any age from birth to 8 years of age; or
- A Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Early Childhood Education, Pre-Kindergarten or Primary Education, Preschool Education, or Family and Consumer Science; or
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Elementary Education, if the pre-k instructor has been certified to teach children any age from birth through 6th grade, with a Florida Educator’s Certificate, regardless whether the certificate is current or not, and has not had this educator certificate suspended or revoked.