We’re looking for dedicated, attentive, and experienced teachers to lead our Toddlers, Threes, and Pre-K classrooms. Applicants must have a passion for early childhood development and be interested in dynamic and innovative curriculums and programs. Help us create relevant experiences that will assist children in their social, spiritual, and educational development. Hours will vary but will typically fall within the 8:00am to 2:30pm school day.
Teachers will be hired based on experience and level of education.
- 40 Hours of DCF Classwork Completed or CDA
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- Flexible Availability
Four-Year-Old Class Teachers must have:
- Five (or more) hour Early Literacy training certificate. If Literacy training was completed after October 1, 2005, it must be the Florida Standards for Four-Year-Olds as well as VPK Emergent Literacy.
Four-Year-Old Class Teachers must have one of the following credentials:
- Child Development Associate (CDA) or Florida Child Care Professional Certificate (FCCPC) earned within the last five years; or
- An Associate Degree or higher in Child Development; or
- An Associate Degree or higher in an unrelated field, with at least 6 credit hours in Early Childhood Education or Child Development, and at least 480 hours of experience in teaching or providing childcare services for children any age from birth to 8 years of age; or
- A Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Early Childhood Education, Pre-Kindergarten or Primary Education, Preschool Education, or Family and Consumer Science; or
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Elementary Education, if the pre-k instructor has been certified to teach children any age from birth through 6th grade, with a Florida Educator’s Certificate, regardless whether the certificate is current or not, and has not had this educator certificate suspended or revoked.